A Ted Talk style video arguing that the flat organizational model is the best practice for public relations. Flat organizations allow for more direct contact with leadership, streamlines communication, and tend to have higher levels of productivity and morale.
This video was created for PRL 424 (Public Relations Leadership and Management) at the S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications at Syracuse University.
- WAER Membership CampaignDuring the fall 2021 semester, I worked alongside three other classmates to put together a campaign planbook for WAER, which is Syracuse University’s NPR affiliate station. We were tasked with the goal of increasing memberships and converting regular members to sustained members who donate on a monthly basis. The planbook includes our research, a breakdown of our objectives, strategies, and tactics for the campaign, a budget, a GANTT chart to show the timeline of the campaign, and example deliverables that could be used by the client.
- Song Analysis PodcastI created this podcast analyzing the song “All Too Well (10 Minute Version) (Taylor’s Version)” for a class at Syracuse University called Reading Popular Culture. I analyzed the lyrics and score of the song to understand how they conveyed different messages and themes. My thesis for this podcast was that by giving her audience a longer version of the song, Taylor Swift has created a piece of content that is even more relatable than it was before, and it ultimately helps her connect with her fans that have experienced a similar unhealthy relationship and/or breakup and help them feel less alone in such a difficult time. The new version of the song also shines light on the issue of men in Hollywood dating women significantly younger than them and how those predatory relationships take shape.
- Best Practices Ted TalkA Ted Talk style video arguing that the flat organizational model is the best practice for public relations. Flat organizations allow for more direct contact with leadership, streamlines communication, and tend to have higher levels of productivity and morale. This video was created for PRL 424 (Public Relations Leadership and Management) at the S.I. NewhouseContinue reading “Best Practices Ted Talk”
- Internship Social MediaI have an internship at an influencer marketing agency called Perlu. At this internship, one of my responsibilities is managing the social media pages for the company as well as for the conference it sponsors called National Influencer Day. I am responsible for content calendars, content strategy, content creation, hashtag strategy, and social media engagement. All the content is educational graphics and videos that provide information about social media management, influencer marketing, and general social media skills.
- OttoTHONOttoTHON (Syracuse University’s Dance Marathon) is an organization which works with Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals to put on an annual dance marathon that fundraises for the Upstate Golisano Children’s Hospital. In 2019, I was the public relations chair, in 2020-2021 I was the external communications director, and for OttoTHON 2022, I am the executive director of the organization.
- Hill Comm.During the fall 2020 semester, I was a graphic designer on an account for Hill Communications, which is Syracuse University’s on-campus PR firm. I worked on the Acropolis Realty Group account and created various graphics including posts for social media and a company holiday card.