During the fall 2021 semester, I worked alongside three other classmates to put together a campaign planbook for WAER, which is Syracuse University’s NPR affiliate station. We were tasked with the goal of increasing memberships and converting regular members to sustained members who donate on a monthly basis.
The planbook includes our research, a breakdown of our objectives, strategies, and tactics for the campaign, a budget, a GANTT chart to show the timeline of the campaign, and example deliverables that could be used by the client. The campaign we put together would hypothetically be put into place during the Spring 2021 semester and would include things such as sending an e-newsletter, working with alumni on various promotions, social media campaigns, etc.
One of the deliverables we created was a sticker that says “I Support Public Radio” that could be sent to members of WAER as a thank you for the donation. They could also be used to incentivize students to make donations and become members.
Another tactic we created was an e-newsletter to be sent to members as well as parents of students in WAER. It includes a QR code to a donation page, a broadcast schedule, and highlights of WAER’s podcasts. The QR code would be especially useful because the number of scans could be tracked which would in turn provide insight into the effectiveness of the newsletter for our goal.
- Case Study: World Record EggRemember the World Record Egg back in 2019? The egg that became the most liked picture on Instagram and has held that title ever since? Did you know that breaking the record was part of a campaign? After breaking the world record, the account started posting photos of the egg starting to crack little by little. The account then announced that they would be revealing what’s inside the egg in a short clip on Hulu that was to be aired immediately following the Super Bowl. It turned out that the World Record Egg was a campaign for mental health awareness.
- WAER Membership CampaignDuring the fall 2021 semester, I worked alongside three other classmates to put together a campaign planbook for WAER, which is Syracuse University’s NPR affiliate station. We were tasked with the goal of increasing memberships and converting regular members to sustained members who donate on a monthly basis. The planbook includes our research, a breakdown of our objectives, strategies, and tactics for the campaign, a budget, a GANTT chart to show the timeline of the campaign, and example deliverables that could be used by the client.
- Song Analysis PodcastI created this podcast analyzing the song “All Too Well (10 Minute Version) (Taylor’s Version)” for a class at Syracuse University called Reading Popular Culture. I analyzed the lyrics and score of the song to understand how they conveyed different messages and themes. My thesis for this podcast was that by giving her audience a longer version of the song, Taylor Swift has created a piece of content that is even more relatable than it was before, and it ultimately helps her connect with her fans that have experienced a similar unhealthy relationship and/or breakup and help them feel less alone in such a difficult time. The new version of the song also shines light on the issue of men in Hollywood dating women significantly younger than them and how those predatory relationships take shape.
- Best Practices Ted TalkA Ted Talk style video arguing that the flat organizational model is the best practice for public relations. Flat organizations allow for more direct contact with leadership, streamlines communication, and tend to have higher levels of productivity and morale. This video was created for PRL 424 (Public Relations Leadership and Management) at the S.I. NewhouseContinue reading “Best Practices Ted Talk”
- Research ReportDuring the Fall 2020 semester, myself and three other students were tasked with choosing a client and conducting research through a variety of research methods. We chose to use Syracuse University as our client and we specifically researched the university’s response to the #NotAgainSU crisis that took place in 2019. We targeted students to better understand how they reacted to the school’s crisis communications efforts. This document outlines all the research methods we used and what our findings were.
- Internship Social MediaI have an internship at an influencer marketing agency called Perlu. At this internship, one of my responsibilities is managing the social media pages for the company as well as for the conference it sponsors called National Influencer Day. I am responsible for content calendars, content strategy, content creation, hashtag strategy, and social media engagement. All the content is educational graphics and videos that provide information about social media management, influencer marketing, and general social media skills.
- Social Media ReleaseA sample social media release for a hypothetical situation where Six Flags Darien Lake holds a Dance Marathon fundraiser to raise funds for Upstate Golisano Children’s Hospital
- News StoryA news story about Juice Jam 2019 at Syracuse University written for educational purposes in a class at the S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications at Syracuse University
- Feature StoryThis is a feature story written about Molly Coletta. Coletta was the executive director of OttoTHON (Syracuse University’s Dance Marathon) in 2019, and I got the opportunity to interview her and learn about her position and what motivates her in her work
- News ReleaseThis is a news release written for a hypothetical situation where I played the role of the Public Relations Director for Six Flags Entertainment Corp. In this scenario, Six Flags was announcing that they hired a new Diversity and Inclusion Officer
- BiographyIn this assignment, we were tasked with finding a headshot and writing body copy that could be used on a biography page of a company website. In this scenario, I wrote about a hypothetical man who works for Six Flags Entertainment Corp.
- Op-EdThis is an op-ed written about Greek letter organizations on university campuses. I discussed how Greek life has gotten a bad reputation from the headline stories about the worst of the worst situations, but those are the exceptions. I argue that Greek life is not as bad as it seems and joining it actually has many benefits
- E-NewsletterIn this assignment, we were tasked with choosing a company and creating a hypothetical newsletter that could be sent to employees. It had to be designed and look like a realistic newsletter and have relevant information for the employees of the company
- Talking PointsIn this assignment, I played the role of a representative from the Onondaga Department of Parks and Recreation. I was given a scenario where there was an outbreak of monkey B virus in the Rhesus Macaque monkeys at the zoo. I put together these talking points that someone could hypothetically use in this scenario.
- OttoTHONOttoTHON (Syracuse University’s Dance Marathon) is an organization which works with Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals to put on an annual dance marathon that fundraises for the Upstate Golisano Children’s Hospital. In 2019, I was the public relations chair, in 2020-2021 I was the external communications director, and for OttoTHON 2022, I am the executive director of the organization.
- Hill Comm.During the fall 2020 semester, I was a graphic designer on an account for Hill Communications, which is Syracuse University’s on-campus PR firm. I worked on the Acropolis Realty Group account and created various graphics including posts for social media and a company holiday card.