In this assignment, I played the role of a representative from the Onondaga Department of Parks and Recreation. I was given a scenario where there was an outbreak of monkey B virus in the Rhesus Macaque monkeys at the zoo. I put together these talking points that someone could hypothetically use in this scenario.
The following information is not intended to be factual but is part of a class assignment at the S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications, Syracuse University, 2019. All information is intended to be sourced appropriately.
- 2022 Planner With DownloadA 2022 planner with a variety of pages and a link for download.
- 21 Things I Learned In 2021This year has been… well it’s been a year. That being said, this year taught me a lot about myself and the world around me, and I wanted to share 21 different lessons I learned in year 2021.
- 5 Nightly Habits to Wrap Up Your DayAfter years of feeling overwhelmed by responsibilities and working right up until my head hits the pillow, I decided enough is enough. I’ve implemented these 5 habits into my nightly routine to help me to de-stress and sleep better each night.
- Best Practices Ted TalkA Ted Talk style video arguing that the flat organizational model is the best practice for public relations. Flat organizations allow for more direct contact with leadership, streamlines communication, and tend to have higher levels of productivity and morale. This video was created for PRL 424 (Public Relations Leadership and Management) at the S.I. NewhouseContinue reading “Best Practices Ted Talk”
- BiographyIn this assignment, we were tasked with finding a headshot and writing body copy that could be used on a biography page of a company website. In this scenario, I wrote about a hypothetical man who works for Six Flags Entertainment Corp.
- Case Study: World Record EggRemember the World Record Egg back in 2019? The egg that became the most liked picture on Instagram and has held that title ever since? Did you know that breaking the record was part of a campaign? After breaking the world record, the account started posting photos of the egg starting to crack little by little. The account then announced that they would be revealing what’s inside the egg in a short clip on Hulu that was to be aired immediately following the Super Bowl. It turned out that the World Record Egg was a campaign for mental health awareness.
- E-NewsletterIn this assignment, we were tasked with choosing a company and creating a hypothetical newsletter that could be sent to employees. It had to be designed and look like a realistic newsletter and have relevant information for the employees of the company
- Feature StoryThis is a feature story written about Molly Coletta. Coletta was the executive director of OttoTHON (Syracuse University’s Dance Marathon) in 2019, and I got the opportunity to interview her and learn about her position and what motivates her in her work
- Hill Comm.During the fall 2020 semester, I was a graphic designer on an account for Hill Communications, which is Syracuse University’s on-campus PR firm. I worked on the Acropolis Realty Group account and created various graphics including posts for social media and a company holiday card.
- Internship Social MediaI have an internship at an influencer marketing agency called Perlu. At this internship, one of my responsibilities is managing the social media pages for the company as well as for the conference it sponsors called National Influencer Day. I am responsible for content calendars, content strategy, content creation, hashtag strategy, and social media engagement. All the content is educational graphics and videos that provide information about social media management, influencer marketing, and general social media skills.
- News ReleaseThis is a news release written for a hypothetical situation where I played the role of the Public Relations Director for Six Flags Entertainment Corp. In this scenario, Six Flags was announcing that they hired a new Diversity and Inclusion Officer
- News StoryA news story about Juice Jam 2019 at Syracuse University written for educational purposes in a class at the S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications at Syracuse University
- Op-EdThis is an op-ed written about Greek letter organizations on university campuses. I discussed how Greek life has gotten a bad reputation from the headline stories about the worst of the worst situations, but those are the exceptions. I argue that Greek life is not as bad as it seems and joining it actually has many benefits